3 Helpful Tips to make your Spray Tan Last!
1) Shave, shower, and exfoliate before your Spray Tan appointment
- Our solution works best when the skin is rid of oils and lotions. Do not apply any makeup, lotions, or creams on the skin as well. If lotions, makeup, or oils are still on the skin, the solution cannot set properly and could potentially wear off faster than other parts of the skin. We want your tan to be all around PERFECT for you!
2) Bring dark and loose clothing to change into
- It is always a possibility, no matter how careful you are, that some of the solution can rub off onto clothing or sheets while sleeping. This does not mean it will ruin your tan but it may stain your clothing if it is not dark. We recommend laying down a dark sheet to sleep on as well as your pillow. Tight clothing is a no no for after spray tan attire! Be careful to not rub or scratch the skin for as long as possible. This is why loose clothing works best because it will not constantly rub on the skin.
3) Wait at least 8 hours for the solution to set and apply lotion like your life depended on it!
- Waiting 8 hours for the solution to set helps guarantee better results. The longer you wait to shower, the darker your solution can get! While showering for the first time after your spray tan appointment ( and a few times after that while your spray tan is still noticeable) make sure you do not exfoliate or use a loofah. Exfoliating the skin allows for dead skin cells to shed. This will result in the layer of spray tan to fade faster. Applying lotion helps keep your skin moisturized and less likely to become dry.