HOW SOON AFTER MY WAX CAN I HAVE SEX?
- Because your skin will be slightly tender and after your wax, it's best to wait 24 hours. It's also important to avoid because the spread of bacteria can cause unsightly breakouts.
WHAT WILL MY SKIN LOOK LIKE/FEEL LIKE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY WAX?
- Your skin may be pink and have small bumps. This is very normal and will subside within 30 minutes to 24 hours. The bumps are the inflamed follicles and will return to normal. Your skin may feel warm or slightly tender to the touch. This also will subside within 30 minutes to 24 hours. Applying a cooling gel, cool compress, and avoiding heat will help speed up this process. It is also normal to have some short/stray hairs after your wax. We do our best to remove all unwanted hair, but because hair grows in different stages, some hairs may have been too short for the wax to remove. We suggest leaving those to grow so they can be removed at your next treatment.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I WAX?
- For best results, you should wax every 3 - 5 weeks. Don't shave between waxes, as this disrupts the process. If you wax regularly, you will notice the hair growth will be less, the hair will be finer and more sparse, and the waxing process itself becomes much more comfortable.
I NORMALLY SHAVE. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT TO GET MY FIRST WAX?
- At least two weeks. This will ensure that the hair is long enough for the wax to remove the hair.
DOES IT MATTER WHAT KIND OF SKIN CARE PRODUCTS I USE?
- If you have taken Accutane in the past you must have stopped using it at least 3 months prior.
Waxing cannot be performed while you are using Retin A or any prescription retinoid/vitamin A product. You must stop using these products at least 5 days before your wax. Many prescription acne products contain this so please check with your doctor first.
CAN I EXERCISE RIGHT AFTER MY WAX?
- Avoid the gym, hot yoga, outdoor activities, etc. that will cause excessive perspiration for 24 hours.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT WAXING
- No tanning 24 hours before or after your wax.
- No steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs or hot showers for 24 hours after your wax.
- Exfoliating with a loofah 24 hours before and after, and then on a regular basis, can prevent ingrown hairs.
- Wait 24 hours before applying self tanners.
- For underarm waxing, wait 24 hours before applying deodorant.
- Avoid getting waxed the week before your period. Your skin will be more sensitive during this time.